Wednesday 27 January 2010

Four Months On - What Progress?

The learning curve is starting to flatten out
And it may be time to wind up this blog - I've not been that good at keeping it going
But when I look back it may be interesting to get a flavour for what I learnt

So as it stands, I've revamped my consulting site
1 I offer a free healthcheck report
2 For £100 they can purchase a website action list with a prioritised set of actions
3 From £50 per month I can provide ongoing SEO services to optimise their site
Today I billed my first client and I'm quoting for one of £50/month or £100/month services
From 1 Feb I'll go on a big promotion drive. Step 2 will be half price at £50

On the article marketing, I've not done too well keeping writing articles
I got to 21 then stopped and decided to figure out how everything hung together
I drew a "mind-map" after seeing PotPieGirls in her One Week Marketing ebook
This is how my brain works so I've really figured it out now
The articles I wrote weren't converting well enough & with no sales I wanted to be sure of my approach before writing any more.
Next week I'll select a new product, new subniche, collect keywords, create the Wordpress website then start writing. I've got a lot more confidence this time I'll convert a lot better and make my first sales.

I've also found MailChimp, a free email marketing provider and will start to get that set up to create lists off the back of my websites

Finally, I've been steering clear of Pay per click. I asked at WA about experts and Carson who owns WA suggested I should take the certified course and become expert myself. Why not! After all my learning is starting to level out!!

No comments:

Post a Comment